Fees and Application Overview
Priority for attendance at the institute will be given to teams who are at least fifty percent people of color. We believe that our movement is made stronger, more effective, and most relevant for our learners and communities by the leadership of practitioners with a wide array of perspectives and experiences.
In addition, our institute is most effective for teams from an organization or community who have mixed roles (e.g. librarian, teacher/educator, administrator/principal). Group size will be limited to four participants from a single community or organization.
Maker Ed offers the institute on a sliding-scale fee basis. If accepted to the Maker Ed Institute, you will be able to register for the amount you can pay. We do not have funding to support travel and housing costs.
- Full Price Ticket + Scholarship Fund Contribution – $2000 – The full price of the institute registration fee, AND a contribution to the scholarship fund for educators in need.
- Full Price Ticket – $1500
- Two-Thirds Ticket – $1000
- At-Cost Ticket – $750 – The cost of materials and food for the institute.
- Discounted Ticket – $550
Application and Registration Timeline
- Application posted: January 17, 2020
- Application deadline: March 20, 2020
- Applicants will be notified by April 3, 2020
- Registration deadline: April 24, 2020
- Payment deadline: May 8, 2020
- Waitlist Spaces will be released by April 27, 2020
- Waitlist Payment/RSVP Deadline: May 15, 2020
Click here to preview or download a copy of the application questions.