This month, as our Ask a Maker Educator video, we are very excited to share a webinar that Maker Ed co-produced with Educator Innovator as part of their CLTV series.
[iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/m5_Y9K1yFqo” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen]
In this conversation, we will use storytelling and discussion to explore the ways in which making can excite and empower traditionally underserved populations. We hope to show what equity-minded maker education looks like in action, and provide guidance for educators looking for ways to authentically engage all members of their community through making.
Guests for this webinar included:
- Danny Kirk (host), Education Community Coordinator, Maker Ed
- Kennan Scott, PLTW Engineering Teacher at Oakland Unified School District, Founder, CODEd Academy
- Paula Mitchell, Teacher on Special Assignment for Maker Centered learning, Grass Valley Elementary School
- David Clifford, Founder & Chief Catalyst, Design School X
- Suzette Duncan, Maker Educator
- Roxanne Martinez, Resource Specialist, Grass Valley Elementary School