Our first VIRTUAL Scratch educator meetup was a huge success, so we are back with one more before the school year ends! Our next, and best yet, meetup event will be hosted VIRTUALLY via Zoom on Wednesday, May 27th from 4:00-5:30pm Pacific time!
Scratch (http://scratch.mit.edu) is a programming language that makes it easy for learners to create their own interactive digital media.
Scratch Educator Meetups are participatory professional learning experiences for teachers who want to learn more about teaching with Scratch. They are organized as unconferences.
At the meetup, we will:
* Celebrate Scratch Month (https://sip.scratch.mit.edu/scratchmonth/) together!
* Explore a variety of ways to use Scratch during remote / distance learning due to school closures as a result of COVID-19
* Share strategies for integrating Scratch into classroom practice
* Learn about and practice with Scratch features and extensions
* Self-organize into different interest groups and hands-on activities
FREE! Open to educators from the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond, including both Scratch newbies and experts.
Please note: we will use Zoom for this meetup, and will email a Zoom link to registered participants on the day of the event.