Check out these video modules to get started and dive deeper into thinking about your Young Makers club!
Young Makers Introduction
- What is Maker Ed? What are Maker Ed’s mission and values?
- What is Young Makers? What does the Young Makers program include?
- How do you start and get involved?
- How do clubs work, and what is involved in the monthly meetings?
Working with Youth
- What kind of support do youth need?
- How to get them started and going?
- Best prompts, facilitation, and questions to ask?
- What are cycles of work and motivation?
- What might the projects be, and how do we manage expectations and processes?
- What are some good tools? Where might I get them? What if we need expensive tools?
- What about consumables? What if we run out of supplies?
Managing Projects, Part 1
- What if youth don’t have any ideas?
- What if youth keep changing ideas?
- What if the project ideas are too ambitious?
Sharing and Documentation
- What are best strategies and practices for documentation?
- What should youth be sharing? How? How often? How to tell your story.
- What should youth expect to share at the showcase event? Different age groups, skill levels, project progress?
Managing Projects, Part 2
- What if no one’s making any progress?
- What is a normal ebb and flow of project work?
- Are mentors too involved, or not involved enough?