Interested in becoming a Making Spaces Hub?
Being a Making Spaces Hub requires varying types and levels of experience and expertise. There is no “perfect” Hub, and every Hub contributes key qualities to the Network and Cohort, while also continuing to grow and develop its own abilities as a regional and national leader. Please review the application timeline (below) and the Program Details for an understanding of the expectations for Hubs and the professional learning and support you will receive from Maker Ed and CMP as a Regional Hub in your community.
- Application opens: September 1, 2019
- Application closes: October 31, 2019
- Applications reviewed beginning: October 28th, 2019
- Applicants notified: November 31, 2019
Selection Criteria Information
We strongly encourage proposals from a range of institutions and organizations interested in developing long-term partnerships with local school sites. Specifically, we are looking for organizations serving marginalized or low-resourced communities and communities of color. We are also looking to expand our network to include organizations in the Southeast region of the United States.
- Review the Program Details
- The overall value of the professional development, resource development, community, communication, and support we provide through this program is $50,000.
- The membership cost for participating in Making Spaces is $15,000 for the 30-month program, paid to Maker Ed on a payment schedule of 3 payments of $5,000.
Are You Ready?
We accept applications to join the program annually each fall. Applications for Cohort 4 of our Making Spaces program will go live on September 1st, 2019.