Maker Ed hosts a variety of in-person events for formal and informal educators, administrators, and others working in varying capacities within the education field. Our audience is passionate about building community, sharing their best practices and challenges with others, and learning how new tools or technologies can be utilized to help them better assist the youth they serve. Our in-person events include Maker Educator Meetups, the Ed Stage at the Bay Area Maker Faire and New York Maker Faire, the annual Maker Educator Convening, and more.
Maker Ed has a national reach among educators, school administrators, out-of-school instructors, and policy makers, as well as industry leaders in tech, engineering and other prominent fields. We have nearly 32,000 Twitter followers and over 7,000 “likes” on Facebook, and the combined reach of our work with educators has touched about 667,000 youth and families since our launch in 2012. Maker Ed and our programs have also been covered in news outlets ranging from EdSurge to Forbes, and we work closely with national organizations from Google to Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts; and from Intel to the United States Patent and Trade Office.
Multiple levels of sponsorship are available and each opportunity includes customization to meet your company’s diverse marketing needs. Sponsorship levels range from $500-$5,000 for Maker Educator Meetups and from $2,500-$20,000 for all other events. Every sponsorship package includes benefits such as (but not limited to):
- Recognition in Maker Ed social media, blog posts, and/or newsletters regarding the event
- Verbal recognition at the start and conclusion of the event
- Signage at the event
- Opportunity to sponsor hands-on activities for participants
- Ability to distribute printed materials to attendees
- Recognition on the Maker Ed website at the corresponding supporter level
For more information, contact: Contact Us
Resource Library Sponsorships
Maker Ed’s online Resource Library is a free access, expertly curated collection that provides high-value resources to the maker educator community.
- The Library is visited by individuals in every state in the US, as well as those from more than 120 countries.
- The Maker Ed Resource Library is regularly promoted by prominent organizations, including the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, the Harvard Graduate School of Education, Google, KQED, and Edutopia.
- Our visitors spend an average of over 1.5 minutes per page of the Resource Library; the internet average is 15 seconds per page.
- New material is added every month, carefully curated by Maker Ed’s staff.
Maker Ed is currently offering the following sponsorship opportunities:
Sponsor a category
- Categories include “Getting Started,” “Tools & Materials,” “Projects & Learning Approaches,” and others.
- Your hyperlinked logo will be prominently displayed in the top right corner of the category page.
- Tweets noting your sponsorship will be sent out every other quarter to our nearly 32,000 followers.
Sponsor the entire Resource Library
- Your hyperlinked logo will be prominently displayed on the Resource Library’s main landing page. This serves as the entry point to all categories and individual resources and receives significantly more traffic than our individual category pages.
- Tweets noting your sponsorship will be sent out once every quarter to our nearly 32,000 followers.
- Your company will be featured in a blog post about the Resource Library on the Maker Ed website.
Provide seed funding for a new category
Provide the funding to create a new category in the Resource Library. Topics may include “Research, Evaluation, and Reports” or another category to be agreed on between you and Maker Ed.
- Your hyperlinked logo will be prominently displayed on the new category page.
- Your logo will remain in perpetuity, with a note that you provided seed funding for the page.
- A thank you tweet will be sent out to our nearly 32,000 followers, announcing our partnership and linking to your site.
- You will be featured in a blog post about the category on the Maker Ed website.
For more information, contact: Contact Us
Other Sponsorship Opportunities
Maker Ed is always happy to discuss other sponsorship opportunities. If you are interested, please Contact Us