Spotlight on Maker Education. (2017). Education Week.
The Spotlight on Maker Education article is a collection of Education Week articles packaged together, with an editor’s note:
As the ‘Maker’ movement goes mainstream, educators are giving new meaning to hands-on learning. In this Spotlight, learn how schools are embracing student-driven learning, ensuring equity in maker education, and providing students with opportunities to develop real-world skills.
The seven articles are also linked below:
- Herold, B. (2016, June 6). The ‘Maker’ Movement Is Coming to K-12: Can Schools Get It Right? Education Week 35(35), 28-30. Retrieved from https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2016/06/09/the-maker-movement-is-coming-to-k-12.html
- Herold, B. (2016, June 8). The Maker Movement, Equity, and Schools: Researcher Q&A. Education Week. Retrieved from http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/DigitalEducation/2016/06/maker_movement_equity_schools.html
- Herold, B. (2016, April 19). Researchers Probe Equity, Design Principles in Maker Ed. Education Week. Retrieved from https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2016/04/20/researchers-probe-equity-design-principles-in-maker.html
- Herold, B. & Davis, M.R. (2015, October 6). ‘Maker’ Movement Takes Steps to Build 1-to-1 Environments. Education Week. Retrieved from https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2015/10/07/maker-movement-takes-steps-to-build-1-to-1.html
- Bell, J. (2015, May 13). School Librarians Push for More ‘Maker Spaces’. Education Week. Retrieved from https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2015/05/13/school-librarians-push-for-more-maker-spaces.html
- Berkowicz, J. & Myers, A. (2016, June 23). Maker Spaces or Virtual Lockers Won’t Solve the Achievement Gap. Education Week.
Retrieved from http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/leadership_360/2016/06/maker_spaces_or_virtual_lockers_wont_solve_the_achievement_gap.html
- Ryan, J. O. (2015, November 3). Maker Education Is About More Than 3-D Printers. Education Week. Retrieved from https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2015/11/04/maker-education-is-about-more-than-3-d.html