Note: registration for our Fall 2016 online course is now closed. Sign up for our newsletter to receive announcements on current & future professional development offerings!
Fall 2016 Online Course Description
Mapping Making: Charting a Path for your Maker Educator Practice* is made up of five-session online modules that introduce you to important aspects of making and maker education. Each module takes you through a cycle of making, reflecting, sharing, and implementing with the goal of mapping out key elements of your maker practice:
- Space / Curriculum
- Tools & Materials
As you take these elements into account, engage in the modules, and reflect on your experience, as well as the experiences of your peers, we will map out these three elements, and their potential intersections, related to your maker practice. By the end of the course, you with have a detailed “next-steps” plan based on your specific goals, needs, and educational environment. The “next-steps” plan is your final course assignment and is due Dec. 4th.
*This is a great course for those just starting out making or want to further their maker educator practice.
Enrollments for this course are now closed.
- You will learn about key elements of maker education such as community, space/curriculum, and tools and materials.
- You will analyze how issues of equity are supported and contested within maker education.
- You will develop a plan with tangible next steps for your maker practice.
- You will join a wider community of maker educators and give and receive feedback.
- Module #1. Mile Marker 0: Basecamp (October 17 – 23)
- Module #2. Who’s coming with? (October 24 – 30)
- Module #3. Mapping Your Route: Planning the Learning Experience (November 7 – 13)
- Module #4. Gear and Provisions: Determining Your Tools & Equiptment (November 14 – 20)
- Module #5. The Road Ahead: Planning Next Steps
- Plan due no later than December 4th
- Sign up to present and share your plan: Tues, Dec 6th – Thurs, Dec 8th
Individual coaching available from Dec 5th- Jan 12th for an additional fee (see our Eventbrite page for more details).
For more information and details, take a look at our agenda and syllabus.
|Facilitators||Jessica Parker||Stephanie Chang||Katie Barthelow||Daniella Shoshan|
We look forward to engaging with you this fall!